Welcome to Will Daniel Wellness. I’m Stacy Joslin, a wellbeing coach and Will Daniel’s Chief Zeal Officer. I’d like to share with you the ways in which I support clients in optimizing their overall wellness, and help organizations to best support the wellbeing of the colleagues in their care.
I believe that wellbeing is holistic–it’s the full integration of every part of you–mind, body and spirit–working in synergy. When you work with Will Daniel Wellness, you will see these core beliefs and practices at play:
- The client is in the driver’s seat
- The road is curvier than it is straight
- Laughter is good
- The best thinking is outside the box
- N = 1
The Will Daniel Wellness motto is “Feel your zeal.” What do I mean by that? My focus is the zeal that comes from the robust health of your mind, body and spirit. The zeal I’m after is the one that makes you want to hop out of bed in the morning in addition to making you physically able to do so. It is the synergistic humming of all parts of your being.My preparation to do this work is multifold. Below is a quick summary of my qualifications:
I am trained and certified as a functional medicine health coach. This branch of wellness is focused on integrated health through, prevention, health approaches that involve mind, body, and spirit, the concept that each client and situation is unique. Functional medicine is “root cause” medicine, based on the belief that the cause of disease is often not a single factor. On the contrary, it may well incorporate mental, physical, nutritional, environmental, and/or other elements acting in concert.
From this lens, strategies for treating as well as preventing disease must be approached holistically–mind, body, and spirit. This is what my training enables me to do. While I am not able to diagnose or prescribe, I am well versed in functional medicine, functional nutrition, and positive psychology, allowing me to partner with my clients on their wellness journeys, whether the goal be self-care, a practitioner-prescribed nutritional plan, a fitness program, or something else entirely, help navigate through decision processes, and offer resources and info from a wellspring of functional wellness leaders.
At a Glance
- Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)–the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- MBA, Marketing–the University of Pittsburgh
- Master of International Business–The University of Pittsburgh
- Corporate leadership roles up to Senior Director level with major global corporations including Pfizer, Novartis, Citrix, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and others
- Background in corporate consulting
- RYT-200 certified yoga instructor–Yoga Alliance
I have been a yoga practitioner for almost 25 years, and am also an RYT-200 certified instructor through the Yoga Alliance. My areas of focus are the connection of the breath to movement, the impact of yoga practice on mental and emotional health, and the study of pranayama and meditation. I am also certified in mindful resilience training by the Veterans Yoga Project, a preparation that enables me to offer trauma-informed yoga to vets and others dealing with post-traumatic stress. I offer yoga through a separate company name, Sunny Street Yoga.
I have spent the last 20+ years in roles of increasing leadership within the operational management space for large corporations in various industries. This experience heavily informs my work in developing wellness programs for organizations. Just as importantly, it provides me with a level of familiarity with the work-related challenges my clients may face, and strategies to optimize their wellness as they work.
How Wellbeing Coaching Works
When you engage in this type of coaching, you’re engaging in a partnership. I will be your sounding board, support system, brainstorm partner, deep listener and information source in your journey to wellness. No two sessions are the same, as no two clients, lives, or stories are the same, but each session follows a consistent format:
- Client-Paced–A fundamental concept of functional medicine health coaching is that you, the client, are always in the driver’s seat. Your sessions will focus on YOU, and we’ll discuss whatever situation, goal or opportunity you’d like to focus on. Finally, I will listen closely; you’ll find that I listen much more than I talk during a session.
- Dynamic–I am trained to cover topics across a broad spectrum of mind-body-spirit wellness, and so any given conversation may cover nutrition, exercise, meditation, self-care, or something else entirely. In some cases, we cover a few of these topics in one sitting!
- Progressive–Health Coaching by its very nature is not a field indicated as a one-time visit. From session to session, we’ll assess where you are, where you’d like to be, and how we’ll get there, and continue to deepen that focal area and broaden into other parts of your life over the course of time. After all, you are a masterpiece, and a masterpiece is perfected stroke by stroke, right?
If coaching with Will Daniel Wellness sounds like it may be right for you, let’s chat a bit more. Click below to schedule a free-of-charge 30-minute consultation.
I also invite you to dial into Will Daniel Wellness on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook, wherever your social media preferences lie. Finally, I do share information via email from time to time, as there is so very much in this field to talk about. My goal is to do that factually, supportively, and with a pretty healthy sprinkling of humor. To be on the receiving end of those occasional e-mails, just complete the subscription form to the right.
I do hope to be able to partner with you soon. Thanks for listening, and be well.